Thread: Salads
View Single Post
Old July 12, 2011   #46
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
Carrabba's on Kirby in Houston (in my top 5 for Italian restaurants and there are a ton to choose from) has a tomato appetizer.
Carrabba's was just awesome. Thanks so much for taking me there during our recent visit, Morgan - wow! Best Italian place I've eaten at in quite some time. Although we didn't have the tomato appetizer you mentioned because it was lunch and we didn't have room, the food and service was superb.

Don't know that I would drive 2.5 hours from Elgin just to eat there , but next time I'm in the N. Houston area or close, I'll definitely make it a point to eat at Carrabba's again.

Back on topic - thought I would post the Greek Pasta Salad rec from you here because it's a terrific pasta salad. Edit - see you've posted it earlier in this thread, but it's a really good one so I'll leave my post.

Greek Pasta Salad:
1 lb fresh Tomato - large diced
1 med. Cucumber - peeled, halved, and sliced thin
3oz Feta Cheese crumbles
16 Black Kalamati Olives - pitted and sliced
1/4 tsp dried Oregano
Black Pepper - freshly ground to taste
1 tsp good quality Balsamic Vinegar - 365 Whole Foods is good, so is Colavita
1 1/2 tsp good quality olive oil - - again, 365 Whole Foods is good, so is Colavita
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 lb Penne or Bowtie pasta - boiled until al dente, rinsed thoroughly with cold water, and patted dry with paper towels
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote