View Single Post
Old April 2, 2017   #188
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeker View Post
Way to go guys. I also sold tomato plants today at a farmers market sponsored craft sale. Got about the same prices (actually $4.00 each or 3 for $10). The price break for quantity made for more than half of the sales. Dwarfs were quite popular. Most people had never heard of them. Will do it again tomorrow.
We sell the small ones for 3$ and the medium for 5$ and 3/4 gallon for 8$. We also do the discount on a purchase of 5. It took me awhile to figure out the best price for our market. We're​ going back to the smaller market this year and will have to sell at different prices there. The bulk discounts definitely motivate people to buy more.

Our best improvement this year has been advertising. I really focused on it this winter and it appears to be paying off big time. We built a website, blog, flyers, business cards, Facebook page, and got our website in the market weekly newsletter. Once we develop a stronger customer base and if I can get a high tunnel I feel like I could make enough to quit my day job and go full time in another year or 2.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote