View Single Post
Old February 9, 2021   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default A Micro Tomato Update

They’re getting taller and some have been producing. I’ve had to rearrange the eight on the “tall” table, putting the tallest up front, mainly because of the Groovey Tunes and Chibikko overachievers. And on the other end, if the light can’t be brought closer to the plants, one brings the plants closer to the light. A few books under the smaller plants seem to be doing the trick for now. A bit precarious so I have to make sure I don’t bump into them but the plants seem to be doing OK.

The Groovey Tues and Chibikko got put into larger pots a couple days ago as they had outgrown the yogurt containers. I love the chartreuse foliage of the GT and can’t wait to see the fruit as it’s supposed to be purple with green stripes.

L to R: Red Robin (8”x12”) , Lille Lise (11”x12”), Groovey Tunes (12”x15”), Chibikko (17” x 10”)

The Chibikko is starting to put on fruit.

Behind the front row are smaller micros. The Pinocchio Orange (8"x8") seems to be leading that row in fruit set. No ripe ones yet.

In order to make room for some Chinese broccoli that had outgrown the light shelves and needed the tall lights, I moved a little Jochalos to the light stand. It’s been producing even thought it’s just 4.5”x7-10”. It seems to be a lot shorter than the one I grew on the porch this past summer.

GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote