View Single Post
Old May 23, 2018   #32
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions and support. I went to two places looking for plants today and came home with 2 plants, a Cherokee Purple in a 4" pot for 1.69, and a Box Car Willie in a 4" pot for 4.69. They had some Brandywine, but are not too specific about variety, only say pink or red. I really like Sudduth. Not every Brandywine is equal to me. I will check a couple more places, but was not willing to pay 4.69 each for most. The Box Car Willies were over grown, too large for the containers, and the main stems curving all over. I found one pretty good one. I would have bought a couple more even at those prices if they had been good plants because that is one I grow myself and I really llike it. Not giving up yet. I have gotten so used to really great tasting tomatoes, even Big Beef was disappointing. I might go back to the one where I got the Cherokee Purple. They did have some Pruden's Purple, and if I am going buy a generic Brandywine, its going to be at 1.69 not 4.69.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote