Thread: Lay them down?
View Single Post
Old April 30, 2017   #10
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I need to move up to Carolyn's place with all of my tools saws lathe and such live in the barn and be their farm hand and general do it all flunky.

Worth
yes yes yes! Friday the men helped me all day... we finished and just at 4:00 it started raining and they got a call to fix a water main for the city. they didn't get home until midnight friday and went back on Sat morn to fill the holes since the local gravel pit was willing to open and load them two loads of stone...(had to empty a water tower to fix it which left a mighty big hole from blowing the water and dirt
out of the hole under the concrete). I do have to say you would have been very welcome for the last two weeks while putting up the 26x96 high tunnel. it is filled already. now it is time to start planting outside. Adrian already did one plot of corn and was so disgusted with the cover crop he bulldozed it down. then he helped me lay 1200' of plastic on Friday... I have 200 of my hanging baskets in the new tunnel, you can help move those out and wait on customers, too... there is plenty to do. I will even supply food but I think you cook better than me. we eat very plain. no onions no garlic, no dyes, no aspartame, no preservatives... each of us has an intolerance to one thing. sigh. we have lots of tools and equipment just a dearth of hours once they get home from their real paying jobs to help me. with the fire last year there were just a lot of things that went undone and now it is doing twice the work than normal... we are almost finished with that though.