View Single Post
Old February 23, 2009   #61
johnsonjrbm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynut1977 View Post
Thanks Carolyn.What do you think the white mikado actually is? I ended up getting it from somebody else listing it under white brandywine AKA white mikado since she ran out.

I'm glad Togorific is listed at a few other places. I thought they looked so cute, hopefully they will come true to seed.

Melissa1977
Melissa - Just for grins and giggles, I ordered some "Shah Mikado" from Gourmet Seeds, which claims (or claimed) William Woys Weaver as the source. IIRC, that's the same reference that Amishland used.

I had planned to grow it out last year and compare it to White Potato Leaf from Sand Hill Preservation, but a family illness kept me from starting any maters last year. (I had to buy starts). If you're interested, I can look around this week to see if I have enough after trades to supply you with some of both.

I had ordered from Amishland in 2005 before I discovered T'ville. Seed germination was erratic, and my Silvery Fir Tree tomato did not appear true to type. Lettuce I had purchased from her had zero germination, while lettuce from another source started at the same time was fine.

- Bobby
johnsonjrbm is offline   Reply With Quote