View Single Post
Old April 12, 2012   #70
livinonfaith
Tomatovillian™

Babice, I ordered from her last Fall as well, right before I joined this site. So don't feel bad.

I loved her website. It was so quaint and the stories about the varieties seemed so interesting! Now that I have read about the name changes and found other sites that have equally interesting varieties (with correct histories) for much better prices, I will probably use those instead.

Your seeds will probably be fine. Except for the Ratnayake eggplant (only got one plant) and the doorknob pepper, ( just two) all of mine germinated fine and appear to be doing very well. (And in fairness, I had a few problems with some of my first seeds this year because of trouble regulating the moisture on my new seed starting mix.)

I have to admit that I'm a bit infatuated with my Kibit's Ukrainian tomatoes from her. Started three of them last November for the greenhouse, but they kind of stalled over the Winter. Now two of them are 18"-24" tall and covered with cute, little, long, lumpy, Roma shaped tomatoes.

There are over thirty tomatoes on two small plants with over twenty more flowers ready to set. In addition, it looks like there will be ten to twelve flowers on each new side branch that is forming. Haven't tasted one yet, but if they are any good, this one may be a keeper!

It's small enough for a container so that it could come inside during excessive heat or cold, and she claims that it will keep putting out tomatoes until the Fall. If that is true and it has a decent taste, this one will make the regrow list.
livinonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote