View Single Post
Old April 15, 2019   #20
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Time for another update. Loulac, I am hitting the wrong buttons too. In the post above, I copied from my computer and posted directly in the thread without using manage attachment. I can't see the photo, but perhaps some can. The correct posting method is used below.

It is obvious to me which seedlings were transplanted too early. They are in the two six pacs with the lighter color growing medium in the upper right of the tray. These are not as robust as where the seed germinated naturally mixed in a shallow tray with seed starter and up-potted when true leaves were presenting. One big mistake I made was to pot the weak 4 day old seedlings in miracle grow instead of repotting back in the seed starting formula. Too heavy a mix for something fragile. Shortcut was my fault, I know better but tried to save a step.

Select varieties were restarted, but KarenO and Marsha's True North Tomatoes were limited , and hopefully some are survivors of the fall. I started two seeds of Mark's MatSu from 2017, which were the last of that source, but restarted f6's are up and growing nicely. The last pl in the group, , Stupice, was restarted and you can never have too many anyway!

- Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drop tray update april 15.JPG (151.8 KB, 83 views)
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote