View Single Post
Old January 28, 2011   #51
David Marek
Tomatovillian™

I have so many tubers from 2010 TPS, I will be plenty busy. One that made it was 423658. I think this is one of the varieties with late blight resistance.

I also plan to start my TPS at the same time as my tomatoes. Somewhat like a tomato, they start out so tiny, then suddenly explode.

I read about making rooting cuttings from virus free tubers in tropical areas ( I think usually higher elevation around 1000-2500 meters, but I might be wrong about that). So far, my conditions on the light stand in the basement are not right. I think the light is too bright and the humidity is very low. The big difference seems to be between LOW light an NO light. From what I have read, I do not know if any leaves are supposed to form, but the sprouts should be grown, then cut and stuck in dirt and rooted under low light. After the roots form, the light should be increased. I may be doing myself a favor by delaying the sprouts, anyway, as the method is called "RAPID multiplication".

Quote:
very interested on the potato plant reproduction via cutting because i've planted some pureja tuber that sprouts realy hearly and i've now some emerging sprouts
Sounds like an interesting one to try that with. If you have enough, keep plenty to plant the traditional way.
David Marek is offline   Reply With Quote