View Single Post
Old April 16, 2021   #298
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshreter View Post
Mark, I’m not sure if you’re still tracking this thread. I’m trying to emulate some of your approach with 4-18-38 in grow bags with ProMix. One key difference is I have 10 gallon grow bags.

My concern is on fertilizer concentration build up since it would take an abundance of water to get it to waste out the bottom each time. The ProMix can absorb a ton before it is draining through.

Do you have any experience working with bigger containers? And how did you manage it?
Those fertilizers are really clean per say, we let just a bit drain out. What some may not know is we grow for 8 months. These fertilizers are developed by leaf samples, we double check their work with our own leaf samples.

I have grown ripe tomatoes in everything from a 4" container to a 20 gallon container, we have used many methods, fertilizers, programs, etc, over the course of 30 years. What we found is we can produce very well in four gallon, awesome in 5-6 gallon, under four gallon for me yield starts getting affected, taste remained great.

In large containers we enjoyed growing large plants with 3-4 vines. We got 50lbs from German Queen and over that from Delicious in 7-10 gallon containers.

I grow to get maximum yield from a square foot of space, so we are strict with pruning, gh layout, everything has to be well thought out.

It really is super simple and easy, but like anything, the more you do it the better you will get.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote