View Single Post
Old January 19, 2014   #77
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

That depends on how much I water, and sunny versus cloudy days decides that, along with plant size, and container size. I use a continuous feed fertilizer, so it is in the water supply, mine being large plastic holding tanks to temper the water, which is just too cold here for happy plants. I had great results with a medium strength, which I think is about 700ppm, or about 2 pint mason jars full of fert. added in a 250 gallon tank I went as high as 3 and the plants looked amazing. I do not have any empty containers to look at for tablespoon type of info at the moment.
During hot spells, above 90 in the greenhouse, I had to water 2-3 times per day, so I could reduce the fertilizer since I was applying so much water.
I have settled on 10-20 gallon containers, and changed up my fertilizer applications and was shocked at the results. For instance, I have grown Early Girl for many years, my past record was 60 tomatoes from a plant, last year I pulled well over a 100 or so, from one, which added up to over 20lbs of fruit, and I slacked toewards the end. I just cannot fathom giant plants in tiny containers, I would have to water on the hour, I would certainly try a few pot sizes and see what works for you. The pics I posted really do not do much for gaging just how big the plants really were.
Good news here; I started my first batch and have little plants popping up everywhere.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote