View Single Post
Old August 15, 2008   #21
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default CHOPTAG Tomato Tasting

I have looked forward to the Tomato Tasting all year and had planned on attending but find it best to stay home

I have a number of health issues presently; I have given this serious thought and think it is in my best interest to remain at home.that day.. I had a bad fall while visiting Bert's garden alone in May and was just getting over that. I had another hard fall on Saturday after visiting the Norton Common's Farmer's Market. I tire easy to the point of exhaustion after the simplest task.The heat just sucks the energy out of me due to my congestive heart failure and shortness of breath. In May while I was having my Defibrillator downloaded they discovered that I had Atrial Fibulation(Irregular heart beat). They performed an echo graham on my heart. I was sent to the lab and had my blood tested and it was too thick and started me on Warfarin, a blood thinner. Now I am all black and blue from the falls; looks like I have had a brawl and got the worst of the action! lol
Hope your tomatoes and gardens are producing well. Please give my regards to all who are there. I will be thinking of each of you on Sunday. Tell Craig, I am sorry to have missed meeting him.
Looking forward to reports on size and best in taste. I really have some good ones this year. The Kentucky Pink Stamper( from one of Earls tomatoes) has out done itself. I had one which was 2 lbs 2 3/4 ozs with others in the 1 lb plus range. Trying to do a little seed saving here as I feel like it.

Gary