Thread: Wonder Soil
View Single Post
Old December 19, 2014   #21
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi,

Thought I'd post a quick update on my cukes in the Wonder Soil. I just took the photos today (the 19th) - 15 days after transplant. As you can see they're doing really well and starting to flower. They were rapidly outgrowing their growing space so I had to enlarge it some. I'll be trellising the cukes when they're tall enough and will probably have to add some more lights eventually.

I started some tomato seeds in the Wonder Soil on the 14th. I'm doing 3 different rootstocks and 3 different regular tomato varieties to get an idea of their differing growth rates so I'll have a better idea of when to start seeds for my spring garden tomato grafting. All 3 of the rootstock varieties (LA1777, Estamino, and RST-04-105-T) were up in 4 days. Of the regular varieties, Eva Purple Ball germinated in 3 days, Santa Clara Canner in 4, and Bush Early Girl (old seed) has yet to surface.

Of the photos:
First is of the new, expanded "cucumber habitat." second is an overall view of just the plants in their bin, and the last photo is a close-up showing some flowers coming along.

Anne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cuke habitat open 2.jpg (267.7 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg cukes all 2 - 12-19-14.JPG (179.6 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg cuke flower 12-19-14.JPG (163.6 KB, 258 views)
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote