Thread: Rice Hulls ??
View Single Post
Old January 19, 2017   #1
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Default Rice Hulls ??

Saw where some suppliers are selling rice hulls (new this year). Never heard of this. The below mentioned is from Riceland (sold by supplier a..m. leonard for like 70$ usd), which is just over yonder from my shack. I'm sure I could get tractor trailer loads for free.

Description:

PBH Nature’s Media Amendment is a uniquely processed rice hull product from Riceland Foods, Inc. with multiple uses in the greenhouse and nursery environment. For greenhouse production, it is the perfect replacement for perlite in the growing mix. In nursery stock, PBH is used as a container topdress to prevent airborne weed seeds from reaching the growing mix. Highly compressed when packaged in your choice of a 30-cu.-ft. bag or a 50-lb.-bale, PBH Nature’s Media Amendment lowers freight costs, generates less waste and minimizes storage and handling. It is a natural by-product of rice and a renewable resource with much to offer greenhouse growers, nurserymen, consumers and the environment. PBH is OMRI Listed® and WSDA registered.
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote