View Single Post
Old May 30, 2010   #86
Love2Troll
Tomatovillian™

Alex,

Thanks much for clarifying. I have Barrett's Esophagus which was supposedly caused by acid reflux. My chronic heartburn ceased almost immediately when I was taken off a medication (Sulfasalazine) I had been on for more than 10 years & now for several years have been free of constant heartburn. Fried in butter scrambled eggs with diced raw onion burritos etc are the only combination I can think of that gives me occasional heartburn now. Hot peppers either raw or cooked don't seem to. I'm what chile-heads call a "moderate". Love the daily heat, but do not enjoy a lot of pain except once in a while.

Pure capsaicin will blister your skin. And I've heard testimony from a trusted source that his face was blistered from just the fumes of a super hot. I have little doubt that eating raw Bhuts would blister your innards.

I'm growing the Bhuts for making powder to add to seasoning mixes & perking up my burrito mixes or salsa concoctions. The aroma of pepper pods in the dehydrator wafting through the house is pure heaven to me!

jt
Love2Troll is offline   Reply With Quote