View Single Post
Old May 29, 2018   #9
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Update 5-29: All of the dwarfs are now in EarthBoxes. Ultimately, I made a space for Perth Pride in an EB by putting my pepper plants in a bag. Dwarf Arctic Rose has quite a few more green tomatoes, but none are blushing yet. Weather here has been hot and dry (hottest May ever), so no signs of foliage disease at all. All the dwarfs are growing great. Bendigo Rose cherry is the biggest and by far the bushiest of the bunch. The individual branches on BR are probably 50% longer than any other dwarf. Chocolate Lightning is second, but not nearly as bushy. A great start by all the contestants!

I'm also adding another contestant since it is growing like a true dwarf -- Coastal Pride Orange. These seeds were planted on 2-17, so it was started about a week earlier than Dwarf Arctic Rose. It is slightly larger than DAR, but still smaller than the other dwarfs. Tatiana also has good reviews of it in her TomatoBase. It has several green tomatoes that are similar in size to DAR. So now there are 11 dwarfs in the evaluation pool.

And although not a dwarf, I've got Patio F1 as another comparison for taste. It was planted 3-3, but as a determinate, it likely will not produce as long as the dwarfs.

-GG

Last edited by Greatgardens; May 30, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote