View Single Post
Old September 29, 2015   #10
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I still treat our silverware/knives like they have wooden handles and blades that can rust. I guess it's just a habit from back when.

You just reminded me of a friend of mine on the brick job. It was Summer-HOT and the homeowner brought out some Cokes. Being polite, we accepted the drinks. I put mine in an ice chest after the homeowner left. My friend opened his and drank half of it. We ran a course of brick and he went to drink the other half. A bee stung him inside his throat! He was in PAIN.

You know, It's funny what people eat and drink out of. My wife likes Styrofoam cups - not store bought in a pack, but the ones you get at the local quickie marts with a drink. I finally got rid of our glasses to make more room for her cups. We have holiday sets, but they sit in a box most of the year. Me, I'll drink out of whatever is clean.

I've seen people bring into steakhouses - dirty looking plastic mugs. At first I thought they were bringing in alcohol, but they never acted like it was. (There were a lot of dry counties around here until just a few years ago).
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote