View Single Post
Old September 1, 2015   #30
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I have now limited my black varieties to just a few of the best tasting and best performing since I have to fight gray mold on them every year; it seems crazy to do all that work for ones that don't do as well or taste as good for me:
ISPL
IS
JD's Special C Tex
Spudakee (far more dependable and productive than CP just potato leaf)
Berkely Tie Dye Pink
Carbon (for fall only)

Reds and Pinks that will return:
Pruden's Purple
Brandywine Cowlick's and Sudduth's
Barlow Jap
Dester
Red Barn
Royal Hillbilly (although the leaf curl may give me second thoughts on this one)
Donskoi
Limbaugh's Legacy
Arkansas Traveler
Couilles de Taureau
Henderson's Winsall
German Johnson
Giant Belgium
Neves Azorean Red
Tarasenko-6

Only one bi-color makes the cut for me each year now and that is:
Virginia Sweet

Ones on the bubble for next year are:
Druzba (very late and not very productive the past two years)
Terhune (has been poor the last two years also)

Of course all this is dependent on getting a good graft so some varieties are not present each year because of poor grafting luck. This past year I didn't get a single good graft of BTDP or Carbon so I didn't grow them. Instead I planted more Pruden's Purple which grafted great last year.

I would like to try Margaret Curtain and Rebel Yell if someone wants to trade some seeds. I have quite a few other varieties of seed besides the ones mentioned above because of trying so many different varieties the last ten years. PM me if you are interested in trading.

Bill
Bill, PM me with your addy. I can get both to you, and you should try Girl Girl's too. No trade necessary, I am already up to my eyeballs in seeds.
Folks, not a general offer.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote