View Single Post
Old March 26, 2019   #19
Scooty
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
The reason I asked the question was to hopefully get an answer. All I got was another question.

I am not an embryologist so I am not sure but I would think using common sense that in order to pass any nutrients or residues to the egg it would first have to be stored in the organs.

Don't have time to do the proper research but found this.

"The chicken has a short digestive tract and can rapidly assimilate dietary nutrients … Fat-soluble vitamins in the diet are readily transferred to the liver and then the egg yolk. Egg-nutrient levels are responsive to dietary change … Other research has demonstrated that all the fat-soluble vitamins, including A and E, and the unsaturated fats, linoleic and linolenic acids, are egg responsive, and that hen diet has a marked influence on the egg concentration."

Please enlighten me with the facts because I really am curious
People are rather jumpy when it comes to Monsanto. Put aside politics and gardening preferences for one second, if it's only about science, it's actually possible to reconcile both possibilities.

Chemical/element uptake is highly variable depending on the organism. Just because a compound can accumulate in a chicken doesn't mean it can in human (to a deletrious effect I mean), in a scenario where both are provided the same vegetative feed. You'd have to check with a embryologist, maybe someone in internal medicine familiar with bioacculmulation research to know for sure.

If your homework, it's been well established that chemically, the human body is too stupid to identify the difference between sprayed organic BT and the organic BT compound from GMO-corn products. When it comes to digestion, there's nothing scientific that has even remotely suggested BT-corn is unsafe. Now there are other valid concerns with BT-corn, but that's a completely separate debate.

Last edited by Scooty; March 26, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
Scooty is offline   Reply With Quote