Thread: Canning Season.
View Single Post
Old September 24, 2017   #49
taboule
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I see you're loving your tomato strainer.
Worth
Worth, it made me do it. Had been cooped up unused for ~11 months, it was itching and begging me to press something.

Carolyn, yes thanks, it's a nice one and what swayed me to buy the house. 6 large propane burners, a built-in grill (covered in the pic), 2 ovens -electric with convection, and a massive hood. Commercial grade. That thing gets HOT. I get to use it fully now that DW is away She doesn't like it as much. Says it is "hard to clean." So?? No need to do it as often, or at all, let the high heat burn off and carbonize the splatters and drippings

Barb, it took me a few tries to optimize the setup, especially the milling/pressing configuration. I had to raise the machine just the right amount to fit a bowl under the chute (for the juice) and also strategically locate it over the sink so another, bigger bowl (for the skins) can fit under the spout. I used an old/recycled drawer from a defunct desk, positioned upside down, to prop up the mill.

Woke up early this morning and thinking of another batch, or 2, of salsa (try a new recipe) and/or something else. I have a bunch of eggplants that are begging to be picked, let's see what the day brings ;-)

Last edited by taboule; September 24, 2017 at 09:08 PM.
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote