View Single Post
Old July 28, 2019   #30
SeanInVa
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjmartin View Post
Sean:

Again, beautiful pics.

I had never seen chicken runs covered before. My niece in Charlottesville said the hawks were so bad that they keep theirs covered. Gloucester too?

My wife wants to move out of Williamsburg so we can keep chickens and maybe a pygmy goat or two!

Jeff
Come on over here!

Yes, we have a breeding pair (at least) that hangs around the general area. Along with foxes, possums, etc.

In fact, my wife had been nursing a polish after something attacked its back. Not sure what, but she had a nice deep open wound. Had this bird in the bathtub for darn near 3 weeks, then she moved her out to a metal dog crate under one of the maple trees out front, where we hang bird feeders. She did great for about a week and a half.
Then my wife came home, while I was not 25 feet away in the office working, screaming and crying running up to the door. Seems a hawk was sitting next to the cage eating her neck up. That was my wife's favorite chicken, and she was really sweet. Here is a pic of her, with her floppy mop feathers tied up so she could see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg queenie.jpg (124.5 KB, 62 views)
SeanInVa is offline   Reply With Quote