View Single Post
Old July 26, 2006   #13
GManess
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomatopalooza

I will try to bring what little I have coming in. 2006 has thus far been one of my worst years for gardening, especially as far as tomatoes are concerned. I'm sure that I am not alone in this boat, with 3 major hail storms and several 3"+ soaking rains with winds over 50mph the weather has taken it's toll. This has also been my worst year ever for early blight. Of the 142 varieties that I planted nearly all of them have less than 25% of their leaf cover remaining, and to top it off I came in from work on Monday to find over 2 dozen horn worms on various plants. They aren't to hard to spot when they are about the only thing remaining on a skeleton of a plant. With the over abundance of rain, most of what I have coming in is splitting pretty bad, they taste good, they just aren't the most eye appealing. I'm hoping to being a few Cherokee Purples, a few Big Orange should be ripe by Saturday, perhaps some Japanese Trifele Blacks, and I may have a cluster of Spoons, I'll just have to wait and see since they are calling for 30% chance of scattered thunder storms thru Sunday.
I assume it will be OK to bring some seeds to trade (although I am sure most in attendance will have most of the varieties that I have) ?