View Single Post
Old August 3, 2016   #154
Scooty
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
I had good luck with 0-33 last year so this year I tried the whole Saraev collection that I obtained from Tatiana. All but two or so produced many tomatoes, the two that produced the biggest fruit was Bassadnyi, and Otbor, ( I am sure I spelled both wrong) So far all of the fruits are pretty sweet, and one had a good tomato zing, and not so sweet. I think several will impress most people, they blow Stilez, Sophies Choice, silvery Fir Tree, many of those types, away, much better tomatoes.
The starts were put out June 1st or so, and produced ripe tomatoes in about 60 days, they are also true determinates and the final flowers have many tomatoes set, which means even in AK I should get ripe fruit from all of the plant. Many fruits are 10 OZ or so, again nice stuff for super early determinates. They also have had minimal fertilizer, MINIMAL, and they still do pretty good. If I were to tinker with these I could get massive production from them. Two thumbs up for a very early cold tolerant tomato, Thanks Tatiana.
So of the Saraev collection, which ones did you find sweeter than Sophie's Choice? Was it only Bassadnyi and Otbor?
Scooty is offline   Reply With Quote