View Single Post
Old August 27, 2013   #25
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wagner View Post
Went out to the tomato plot where I did most of my crossing. Picked over seventy different hybrids with the string tags attached. Even found another variety coded 32 with a single fruit which has King Umberto as a male parent.

As I was talking on the phone with Stephen Scott co owner of Terroir Seeds...the seed source for my single plant of King Umberto....I found that plant and took a picture of it. This photo will stand as the prototype or standard of what I had used.

It looks like the one on Terroir's page and not at all squared off as a Marzano would be...no neck and a distinct nipple on the bed end.

Any other strain or variety passing as Rey Humberto or other spelling is a moot point now. All of my breeding lines will emancipate from the Terroir line.
A moot point for you Tom, but not to some of us.

I know the Terroir site, nee Underwood, and have received correspondence from them asking me to send varieties for trial. But since I already did so to several seed sites I didn't take on this one as well, and in addition had my reasons for doing that.

Carolyn