View Single Post
Old January 14, 2019   #23
MissMoustache
Tomatovillian™

Location: Cold hardy zone 4b-5a, Heat zone 4-5, Sunset zone 43

Finished for the night!
That's my houseplant rescue station. Those African violets were half dead when I was given them, now they're looking lush and healthy! In the bag are some cuttings and divisions I was given that need potting up this week. And one of my aloe plants and a "fuzzy lemon plant" are sitting there because they needed a little water. The red pot is an amaryllis that was beautiful and is now starting to die back.

Next to the houseplants are three small window boxes: I just sowed mesclun mix, peas for pea shoots, and spinach. With the salad recalls lately...I've been trying to keep up with homegrown salads. We also like sunflower shoots, radish and bean sprouts, and red Russian kale as baby leaves.

Under the lights on the right is the above tray of herbs and onions and fruit. On the left I decided to start some peppers that take forever to get going. They're on a heat mat that runs the same cycle as the lights.
I planted six cells of Utah tall 52/70 celery (I'll plant another six in a month and another six another month after that), four cells of Cayenne red, two cells each of yellow Cayenne, Habenero, Habanda, Chinese 5-color, Sweet Pickle, Trinadad Perfume, Datil Sweet, and Thai. One cell each of Rooster Spur, Red Blut Jokokia, Trinadad Morenga Scorpian, and Red Scotch Bonnet.

I can't find my saved Tabasco or Lemon Drop seeds so I ordered some from Baker Creek (free shipping in North America!)

I also planted two cells each of three micro dwarf tomatoes: Lille Lise, Pinocchio Orange, and Tiny Tim. I'm super excited to try these out this year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190115_030642.jpg (416.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190115_030623.jpg (394.7 KB, 86 views)

gwendolyninthegarden.blogspot.com

Last edited by MissMoustache; January 14, 2019 at 10:42 PM.
MissMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote