View Single Post
Old September 20, 2017   #2
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Sue, I wondered about the same thing...maybe not exactly, but close enough. I can't give you an answer or even a good guess for your garden. All I could do is tell you what it's like growing in an RKN and Fusarium 3 infected garden. I do not want to detract from your question in any way. I would like to reply though. (It's my 2 cents worth only)

I think using plant food/fertilizer is important as early as the plants can safely intake them to get them to grow as fast as possible. They need N Nitrogen that helps plant foliage grow. P Phosphorous helps roots and flowers grow (Roots Being more important at this point) K Potassium or Potash is important for overall plant health. A young healthy plant has a better chance at surviving plant diseases and otherwise negative conditions to-a-point.

I have my personal beliefs in using both organic matter and 10-10-10 fertilizer, but I'm not a fan of organic fertilizers. I know that many will disagree with what I just wrote, but over the past 3 years. The plants I fertilize with 10-10-10 produce tomatoes - The ones I've used countless brands of organic fertilizer don't.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote