View Single Post
Old April 6, 2018   #23
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
I'm probably going to build a passive solar greenhouse. I can't see ever overcoming a huge heat bill in sales. I can get 50 gallon drums for free and can build the frame with 2x4s. Just something long and skinny I can fit about 50 flats in. That would get me through the early season.
Just 50 flats? You know what they say about building a bigger greenhouse then what you think you need.

If you do this, please do post any and all results. Im really curious about the water barrel designs. I have researched them and understand the pros and cons. For instance, lack of Sunshine. Without it, they dont heat up. For us, the month of March was absolutely horrible. I have never seen so many gray overcast days. We would have 1 sunny day a week. It was that bad.

As far as overcoming the cost of heat. I think the strategy is to cram as much as possible in the GH, to maximize the profit. I need to go over my receipts and see where I stand on propane purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
FourOaks, I'm glad to read that most of your plants are looking better, and they are selling. I do wish I could have offered helpful info for you.

If I had a greenhouse here in this part of Texas - I would need heaters and an air conditioner.
Oh believe me, they get hot here too. The other day the seedling house got upto 115 degrees. I finally decided to roll up the plastic.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote