View Single Post
Old March 6, 2017   #26
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Thanks for an excellent post.

What really bothered me,which I alluded to above and said I'd posted about it elsewhere was this

(Much of the previously-entered source info has simply disappeared)

What is meant by that is that in ALL previous yearbooks there was kind of indication of whose hands the seeds had passed through so that if the current lister got it and it was wrong,one could trace back and see where a not true variety probably happened.

It would go like this

John,who got seeds from...give SSE code, in which year, who got it from Samantha,who got it from....SSE code in X year,and on and on.

Until now I've had SSE friends who do have their 2017 yearbooks check for me, both the paper as well as the online. And in the other thread I posted even more.

MY 2017 is supposed to come this week so I won't have to ask others to check this and that for me.

Carolyn
And my yearbook came today,priority mail and was sent by the person who tried to talk me out of deleting all my listings, then kept asking me if I would consider donating my seeds to SSE.

The yearbook is HALF the size of all the yearbooks I've received in the past maybe 20 years.

I read just a bit and some real surprises,for me primarily,none that would interest most folks in this thread.

I don't know when I'll get a chance to read more since my seed producers are after me to get the newest seeds onto a spreadsheet so they could each chose which ones they wanted.

No, I don't create the various spreadsheets we use, that's beyond me, but then I'm supposed to fill in the lines,but was told if I just sent a list of the varieties someone else would do that.So that was another couple of hours I spent looking for info from the envelopes that had been sent, but luckily they are all in one place to the right of my computer.And that for growout this summer.

Then a neighbor stopped by whom I haven't seen at all since last early Fall,she has had, still does,some problems to deal with, that I knew, bearing a bowl of fresh fruit as an apology.Then we talked,oh how we talked,lots to catch up on.

So goes the day.

Carolyn