Thread: North Star
View Single Post
Old April 6, 2011   #4
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™

Earl -- Sorry, I thought I had given this information in a PM or e-mail. Anyway, I got a plant (upon the recommendation of a friend) from a local nursery. I tried to get information from them, but they didn't know if it was OP or hybrid (seems to be OP, as I've grown it for a couple years from my own saved seed). They had a story about seeds being smuggled out of Russia. I do suspect they might "embelish" their stories a bit though, and I imagine it is actually some other known variety. I have also searched for info on this and come up empty.

Anyway, what I know is that it is well-suited to our cool climate (I grow in containers) and gave me fruit when grown outdoors (as opposed to the greenhouse) when few other plants performed as well. It's a RL plant which produces loads of small-ish red fruit with good taste. I'd have to look back at my records, but I'd guess they average about 3 ounces. I'm trying to remember its growth habit and for now I'll say semi-det.

I hope you have good luck with it and I hope you'll post your opinion of it. I didn't start any this year, since I had so many others I wanted to try.

Sherry
Sherry_AK is offline   Reply With Quote