View Single Post
Old September 6, 2015   #93
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrobbins View Post
I like to use the bags soil comes in to make the covers for my SWCs as long as the inside of the bag is white. These are a very thick plastic and I can reuse the covers for several growing seasons. I use the self made 5 gallon SWC and get the rubber ring out of the pickle bucket lid to hold the covers on. I made a cardboard template to use to make the covers so it is very easy to make a nice circular cover.

For the EBs at the extension office I made a cardboard template too so it is easy to make covers from the soil bags. I bought 1/2 wide elastic at the fabric store and hand sewed bands that would fit the EBs to hold the covers on. I don't think the elastic will hold up nearly as well as my pickle bucket rings.
Where do you get all the pickle buckets?

That's what I did too on 2 EB - mine came from a Perlite bag and also from Pro Mix bags - I can definitely reuse them.

The problem is Marsha needs lots of bags - I think the Compactor bags would hold up for multiple seasons especially if they are not cut.

The clamps can definitely be used for multiple seasons - just sort of esthetics if you care about that.

---
Marsha don't you have any shower caps left over from your big purchase last year? If so, you can wait to see if they do the free shipping in Dec....otherwise add $18.95 for shipping to the price.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote