View Single Post
Old September 8, 2015   #104
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Ginny - a fabulous list! So many new varieties. I love it. Where is SunGold?

I am trying some new ones too; I am trying Big Beef b/c I had a new pack from ParkSeed (when I use to buy all my seeds from them). I planted the seeds b4 I left for NC, but when I was up in NC I was thinking that PS tomatoes never grew well even though germination was great. So I bought more BB seeds from TGS b/c they were in Florida and thought I could get the seeds quickly. So while I was paying the shipping for the BB, I bought 2 Bulgarian varieties (Triumph, and #7), Momotaro, Big Brandy Hybrid and they gave a free one Red Rose which is a cross between Brandywine Sudduth Strain and Rutgers.

I planted a couple of each on 8/27. Germination has been great. I'm glad I tried TGS and will use them again.

Plus the UF ones and new ones from Artisian Seeds which I don't have yet. I was really psyched for them more than anything else, but will only plant the early ones since I have so many seedlings going already.

I have tons of GGWT seedlings going all in the same cell; all ready to be transplanted.

This fall is a lot different than last where I counted on only Kelloggs and Black Cherry for the bulk of my plants.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote