View Single Post
Old July 21, 2011   #9
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Craig, I was surprised to see Henderson Bicolor (purple) b'c Neil is a collector of the gold/red bicolors and that's what I thought it was. Since he was sending the Russian Queen seeds to you for raising my plants for me, he sent the Henderson one along as well.

Should I tell Neil about it b'c I don't know how often he reads here.

By purple do you mean that it's nothing like a typical gold/re bicolor?I think Shoe is also growing it and me as well, but I don't have a clue as to whether the plant even has small fruits.

Maybe best for me to talk about it in our group e-mail with you and Neil and Lee and myself all together re my varieties for this year.

I also saw that you guys liked Ambrosia, which was supposed to be an OP Sungold and when Lee sadi it was red I let Lee Goodwin, who bred it know about it and of course he was disappointed but said he knew what was wrong. I don't think any seeds for the red Ambrosia should be shared until I ask Lee G about it, b'c it's his call, really.

How interesting, really, on that Henderson,but now I want to know what Shoe and Neil might be getting.

OK, new shipment of books just came, the weather stinks, really, so fans on high and back to the LV I go and turn the fan up even higher.