View Single Post
Old January 18, 2016   #10
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I've been here as a Global Mod since day one when Tville first opened and have never stopped loving this place where civility rules and those who don't respect ALL of the rules in the TOS,which they agree to initially as registered members, are shown the door out.

Mischka started Tville b'c of what happened at the original Garden Web,now Houzz, where it got nasty beyond belief, and so the first ones to come here were from GW and many are still here all these many years later.

M picks up all the costs in running this site himself, so no ads,nothing like that ever. And same for idig where he was the high bidder when Jere Gettle put it up for sale on e-bay and thank heavens M won the bid which protected the idigger personal information from being public. Yes, idiggers had the option of protecting their info but there was no way that all of them could timewise and also took care of the spammers there as well which was a MAJOR problem.And yes,I'm a Global Mod at idig as well,just me, as many know since there's a fair amount of cross pollination now between Tville and idig.

I thought maybe a bit of background on how and why M started Tville might be of interest to the many registered folks here as well as non members since this thread is in General Discussion where they can also read.

So I raise my cup, lt looks like coffee to me, to all who have participated here and all the mods past,present and future and Mischka himself for a wonderful place he has created.

Carolyn, who has a hard time believing how young she was 10 years ago, now at 76 and still above 6, and soon to be 77,and not yet in heaven, hopefully..