View Single Post
Old February 11, 2009   #12
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamato View Post
Remy...I believe you sent me Olive Hill....I grew it out last summer and had incredible production results ...Large pinks rarely do well here (outside of Mortgage Lifter and County Agent). While the flavor wasn't as good as I expected I think this is an amazing variety for production and would like to offer it next year at SSE...
Does anyone have any history/info on Olive Hill ?
Thanks.

Jeanne
Hi Jeanne,
Yes, I sent you Olive Hill. From everyone who has grown it, the big comment has been on production so that seems to be the norm for this variety. Mark Korney, screen name Korney19, grew it. I don't know where he got the seeds from. I assume the seeds was named after Olive Hill, Kentucky, but I could be totally wrong. Mark hasn't posted in some time, but I bet if you PM him, he'll get back to you.

Zana,
I can imagine it is a nightmare!! Trying to get this small ranch house in shape and go through all our stuff after 16 years would be quite the task.
So sorry about the cleaning lady! If you grow out the mysteries we could play name that tomato! At least there is a definitive list to choose from unlike most "Do you recognize this tomato?" posts .
Well,
I hope out of all this you do get more gardening space!
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop