View Single Post
Old May 27, 2006   #20
Sorellina
Tomatovillian™

Ciao all,

I put in 36 tomato plants in the main raised bed, 6 each in the new raised beds on Thursday. It was a nice cool day with a slight drizzle, perfect for transplanting. Yesterday, the 48 eggplants and 32 basil clumps went in, also very nice warmer weather, but overcast and light rain happening on and off. Today, however, has been very warm from the outset and I had to cover the eggplants with shade tarps to keep them from wilting. I transplanted 5 tomato plants into containers in the shade and they're doing just fine. I put in the 5 pairs of tomatillos behind Duane's pepper bed, hoping to use the cyclone fence to stake them as they grow. Duane's putting in his peppers tomorrow and I've lost count of how many plants he's got to put in. He turned the soil and added his compost this morning, then started to transplant some of his seedlings until the sun caught up with the bed and he thought the better of continuing. Munchkin's 3 tomato plants (Whippersnapper, Sophie's Choice, and Mirabelle Multiflora) and 1 pepper plant (Roumanian Rainbow) got shoe-horned into one of his 4'x4' raised beds. I'm thinking that Sophie might be crossed, though. She's looking very lanky and that's a lot different from how she looked last year. I have no clue how she'd end up indeterminate, though. The only plants she had to cross with were other dwarfs, unless that doesn't mean much.

Sorry for rambling. I got way too much sun today and had about 4 oz of Corona with dinner..lol, what a lightweight eh? Went straight to my head.

Cheers, everyone! Looks like all of us northern hemisphere types are just about all accounted for now with our seedlings in the ground. YAY!