View Single Post
Old September 18, 2015   #214
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the suggestions:

Thrips - I don't see any of that speckled markings; Didn't see any bugs at all except the white flies - Can you see thrips? Unless what I think of leafminer damage is really thrips.

The leaves curling down, doesn't bother me as must as the branches bending down. I've never had that happen before.

Wetness: - During all the rain, the tomatoes have been on the porch so they aren't getting wet. I've been watering from the bottom by feel on how heavy the plant is. The plant looked like that at 7AM and didn't feel heavy;

These larger plants have been in an empty EB being wheeled in/out. So even if it got too hot, the sun isn't on the container/roots. However, yesterday (Thursday) it rained all day except for about 1 hour which the sun came out really strong. Could it be stress from heating up? even though the roots would not be heated.

I keep all the young plants/seedlings under shade cloth when it gets hot or the sun gets really strong.

This afternoon I bottomed watered the plant; that is probably why it is so dark. But that is a good idea re: removal for the dry roots.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote