Thread: Fermenting.
View Single Post
Old December 11, 2015   #45
Karrr_Luda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Lyuda for some reason I cant quote today.

Thanks for the compliments.
So are you Hungarian?
I am assuming you may be around artists of all types could you not find one that makes and glazes pottery?
It would be a simple task to turn one of these out on a potters wheel bake and glaze it.
But yet a 5 liter one isn't that expensive.
One thing I read on line several times is the smaller quart fermenting contraptions have a higher rate of failure/spoilage.
I suspected this before I read it and is why I got the 15 liter one.

Krockatoa which is what I have decided to name my fermenting crock started burping last night and has continued to burp all day today and is getting faster.
It is burping about every two minutes.
The temperature in my house is right at 70 degrees.
So far the carrots are just sitting there doing nothing.
Never had anything sit around the house and burp before it is pretty cool.

Worth
Krockatoa!! Worh you are hilarious! Erupt it must now!, but not with this batch of cabbage! I don't remember my carrots bubble ever, taste them to see if they are doing anything really, maybe give them another couple of days?

Not around any pottery artists anymore, and asking people to do stuff for me is not my thing. (got a problem here!) Plus it's not a necessity, more of a luxury for me, since I can do without. I can admire and appreciate someone's beautiful crock without getting worked up about it. Maybe one day when I feel like making myself a present...cause those are the best as you probably know.

I am a mix of things, only part Hungarian from my mom's side. I do speak it.