View Single Post
Old May 20, 2018   #27
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
Dont forget to keep feeding the soil. I believe the Espoma recommends once per month for their products. Check the label for the product you have.

My next feeding is June 1st for my Greenhouse Maters. It was a little slow, kicking in, but dont want to screw it up now by forgetting to feed.

Thanks for the reminder FourOaks. I fertilized again yesterday and today we have gotten over 2" of welcome rain. I set my plants a little over 3 weeks ago and they were about 4" showing above ground. They are now up to my waist and are heavy with blooms and small fruit. I am using a combo of fish emulsion, Lady Bug John's Recipe, liquid kelp and worm tea to fertilize every 2 weeks after putting 1/4 C of Garden Tone mixed in the bottom of each hole at planting.I sprayed for disease prevention 4 days ago and also insect control as I saw a bunch of ants around the perimeter of the raised bed. After all the rain I will re spray the fungicide. I seemed to get what I think is early blight each season so I am attempting to keep in front of it this year. At this early stage they look very happy.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote