View Single Post
Old May 4, 2015   #51
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

40 days from seeding. Looking happy in the greenhouse. For those who wish to know they are in 6" biodegradable rice pots in miracle grow moisture control potting mix. I know some don't like it but I do. They require water about every second day, not on a schedule but based on how they look and how hot it is. as they grow they need more. I don't believe in stressing seedlings by letting them get very dry. They do not require supplementary fert at this point, the mix is giving them what they need as can be seen. I watch them and if they start to look a little pale, I will give them some soluble. My approach is is mix of commercial mix and fert for seedlings chosen because my experience has proven these to be completely reliable for me and my methods and then once planted in the garden or big pots I only use organic compost and fertilizer. Big vigorous possibly blooming seedlings is what I need here in my short season and it makes up a lot of time allowing me to be successful with mid to late midseason varieties here.
KarenO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (266.4 KB, 305 views)

Last edited by KarenO; May 4, 2015 at 03:26 PM.
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote