View Single Post
Old November 12, 2011   #92
JackE
Tomatovillian™

Hi Steve -

Yes, it's an EZ-Flow. I wanted to try a smaller one at first before spending major bucks. It's not their cheapest one and seems to be of decent quality. It's rated up to 100# of pressure - think it's a unit that they use mostly through sprinkler systems for large areas of turf - golf courses, etc. I didn't realize that until it arrived and I read the book. I won't send it back. Probably my fault for buying the wrong one - and the box is all tore-up, etc. It was only $110 bucks.

It ran wide open for 5 hours before it ran clear in the fertilizer tube. The tank was half full (3# of product), installed on the well side of the regulator and filter with 60# of pressure. The flow rate was about 8/GPM - 480 GPH!. The regulator was set at 12#. Total run was 1200 ft of hi-flow drip tape with 8" emitters.

How long would it take your Dosatron, set at max, to empty 3# of fert in those circumstances, Steve? This one pumped nearly 5K gals of water on a little 5000 sq ft, plot! That would probably be right for lawns under sprinklers. I bought the wrong one, that's all. Happens whenever I try to save a buck - never fails!

Jack
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote