View Single Post
Old May 23, 2016   #54
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
Worth, I think the male threads will work for what I want to do. I can use a washer hose with 2 females and attach it to a 5 gallon bucket with pvc fittings. A smaller flexible hose will help keeping pressure from a big hose pulling on the feeder threads. I can set the bucket on a stand higher than the faucet, fill it with solution and not have to worry about mixing it for a while.
Totally forgot about washer hoses.
It appears the green shoulder you see that is up against the PVC pipe in the below pictuer has something to do with the water running out the end of my hand held model.
The one I cut threads on this happens, the one I made from the bottle it doesn't.
I have no idea if it would do the same with the faucet type as it works differently.
In either way I can still overcome this.
Nope I just checked it is the green end cap itself that does it.
It is obvious now and it is fixed.
I set the threads back like the original bottle and turned the end down so the cap snaps on like it does the bottle.
It was then tested and everything works great.
I wanted to do this to begin with but thought I could get completely away from the factory cap.
It just so happened the inside shoulder of the cap fit the inside of SCH 40 PVC perfectly.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote