View Single Post
Old August 10, 2015   #30
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

4 varieties ??? - how many plants of each? What do you do with all those peppers. I guess I should start a couple of Shi****o peppers. I'm all set with Marconis/Bell from testing Kay's method. All look great and Marconis already have fruit.

Thanks for the tomato seed info: I feel like I should start earlier than you and looking at that calendar justifies it (I already started some last week). We will be gone for a week and back on 8/25, so maybe I will start then. Otherwise, I could start right before we leave, and let them germinate while we are gone. Germination seems to take 4 days now.

----
Ginny - where are you?
I got the blueberry plants today: Here's a pic. They were packed in the long thin box barely wide enough to hold the plants and stacked. (like a box you would mail a poster or umbrella) Weird - I've never had any plant/bare roots shipped in a box like that. The containers were in plastic bags and the canes/plant was wrapped in newpaper. The media was drenched. I put on my porch and not watering. See if they will dry out.

But, they are definitely ALIVE.... and look healthy enough - ...just a little crushed. Perhaps the light yellow leaves are a sign of overwatering. The size is actually quite good especially the one.

Time will tell if they are truly Blueberry Sunshine....since the 2 reputable online vendors that I would try next do not have B.SunShine in stock.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blueberry-Etsy-1 (1024x678).jpg (138.8 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg Blueberry-Etsy-2 (1024x678).jpg (135.3 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg Blueberry-Etsy-3 (1024x678).jpg (151.7 KB, 189 views)
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote