View Single Post
Old October 9, 2018   #19
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Marsha, what I got back in 2013 was what we, today, would call Serrated Potato Leaf. But back then, nobody was recognizing SPL Since then, I just haven't thought about it. I'm headed out the door right now for my CTScan followup with my oncologist. When we get back this afternoon, I'll post pictures. I can show seedlings and mature plants.

I just never thought of changing the leaf on this. There was a lot of folks camped on their own opinions about this subject. Right now, the main thing is that I've never had any differences in the fruit and the tomato growth has always been consistent. I have had some true potato leaves show up on plants with the SPL leaves right there on the same leaf stem.

Gotta go. Be back later.

Okay, I'm back. Here's the photos. The first one is the original plants I got from the original seeds.

Attachment 84518

The second one is the 2014 plant grown from the seeds I saved from the original 2013 plants

Attachment 84519

So, what should we call it ????
Ted, I would call those simply regular leafed. I know the person who came up with SPL, and I disagree. By definition, a PL has entire margins, mitten shaped sometimes, but no serrations. I do not accept SPL as being a thing. It's just a matter less deeply serrated regular leaf.
Having said that, your photos are just RL, IMHO.
These are my 4 Mikhalych seedlings. Seeds from Tillyboris at Xanadu a few years back. One is clearly PL, and no seed mix up, these were sown 2 weeks later than all the rest of my seeds, because I found them in a box. Sown into a separate small pot, not in the cells with the rest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181009_094728.jpg (717.4 KB, 42 views)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote