Thread: pull it?
View Single Post
Old August 26, 2017   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

And I think it's
good to remember that a single plant can have more than one disease.

I've posted this before but that one summer when the Cornell Coop Ext person brought interns to my tomato filed, I followed along with them making lots of notes as she made diagnoses and yes,there were some plants that had up to 3 foliage diseases,and yes,black streaks on the stems can be caused by several pathogens.

I learned more that summer about tomato diseases than ever before, but remember,mainly ones found in the cooler zones, not those that are very prevalent where flying critters spread diseases and other ones found where it's warm and humid for a good part of the growing season..

She was trained by Dr.Tom Zitter at Cornell,a recognized tomato disease authority and not just in the US.

After being baffled by some symptoms I saw on small transplants,mainly hearts, I asked him about it, he knew what I was talking about and said they thought it was an aberrant form of Early Blight

I ended up calling it the CRUD.

This is the best link I know of that discusses the various diseases and which parts of the plants they can affect.

http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.corne...omLeafKey.html

All to say,I see more than one disease in the pictures being shown.

Carolyn