View Single Post
Old December 24, 2017   #12
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

It occurred to me last night that I wouldn't be getting the e-mail and here's why.

I never bought seeds from Linda, ever, so I wouldn't be in her computer, but for years I sent her seeds for new varieties that might work out well for her.

Did I ever get seeds from her,yes I did. The year before my heirloom tomato book photography was supposed to be done I couldn't find my seeds for the variety Dr.Carolyn,not named by me,but named for me by Steve Draper. And I did need them ASAP.

So I asked her if she could send me two packs,you know,an heir and a spare, and I said I'd pay up later,she came back and said you don't owe me any money at all for all the seeds you've sent me.

So that's that.

And I did find her personal e-mail so will congratulate her that way and also ask her if she thought it would be a good idea for me to continue to send seeds and if she could tell the new owners that each year she would send me several copies of the catalog.

But I just realized she isn't retiring until the end of December so maybe this week coming up I'll call her directly in Fort Myers,not her home,but the TGS complex where I'm sure she will be.

Carolyn