View Single Post
Old January 24, 2018   #12
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Wow, Ron, I'm sorry to hear that! Yes, your best bet would be to grow cuttings from plants from "A".

Now if your tomatoes (from C) and your friend's tomatoes (from A) all taste alike, it could be the weather. Weather can do horrible things to the taste of a tomato.

I feel for you... so much time, effort, & $$ but so little reward.

Nan
Hi..Yes the weather has been "tropical" ...I even blame it for my feeling unwell..Now I bought 2 Tasty Toms ..from (A) as soon as they arrived in..the date I have was Sept 4th 2017....They are now well grown but I feel they had problems as well when purchased ...One in particular had a leaf curl right from when I got it and thats why I asked if leaf curl could be a virus ...So its producing ripe fruit although they are small and that is what really alerted me...the difference in taste from the fruit on (C) plants which I have just been able to taste.......
Tasty tom has the exact shape of Campari which I believe can be bought in the USA...but my friend and myself both agree at a taste last season Tasty Tom although very similar to Campari has an extra tomato bite taste......I would at a guess say the ??? from (C) have a lot less bite than campari...

I have completely lost faith in these people and thats why I am going to cut them out of the loop completely hopefully by growing late cuttings inside and using cuttings from them for next seasons greenhouse...
Regards Ron...

I wonder if any viewers have ever grown "Midnight"...If so could they tell me and I could put a photo up of my "Midnight" fruit...
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote