Thread: Main Dishes
View Single Post
Old February 10, 2009   #49
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Retired and I was an equine reproductive vet...Stood 7 stallions for owners, shipped and received semen from all over the world and bred about 250 mares a year. I was getting burned out and then our own stallion died and it just broke my heart...I could not even go outside. Sold all my mares (one owner in Nevada bought them all and she sends pics and stuff so it is nice.) Plus...my husband started his own business, "The Mobile Mechanic" and he got so busy, he could not help like before and I am really a pain-in-the-behind to work for as I am like Type A to the nnnntttthhhh degree and way to anal and basically a crabby beach. I love my animals too much and I will not have any more. Have an old (24 years) Siamese cat and one wild barn cat that I trapped, neutered and gave him his shots and let him go. No more animals for me...just too painful. PLUS...we are traveling (went to Rome and then took a cruise around the Mediterranean and sailed across Atlantic to Florida) in November and next year we are going to Egypt (life-long dream...I am an admitted Egypto-phile.) None of this has anything to do with tomatoes...but I LOVE "EM and that's all I grow. Would have 1000 plants if I had the stamina. I have a sun-dried tomato business that keeps me hopping in the summer. I must have at least 500 sun dried tomato recipes.