View Single Post
Old May 28, 2015   #17
squirrel789
Tomatovillian™

It's great to hear so many of you practice vermiculture! Then again, I guess I should expect that from all the knowledgeable folks of this forum

How do you like your worm factory? I considered one, but ended up doing the cheap DIY system with multiple rubbermaid containers in the basement. It's my first time trying vermicomposting and I'm fascinated by it so far. Once settled in for week or so, those little guys sure can chow through all the food I put in there!

Good luck with the worm tea, I won't be ready to entice my little wigglers to move to a fresh container for another couple weeks. But I am excited to try brewing my first batch as soon as they make the move to their new home.

I've know about adding the molasses, but what does the kelp and rock dust add to the mix? Just curious...

Also, I think it stands to reason that you might get a better yield by not using a bag. Sort of like making loose leaf tea vs tea bags makes for a better, more efficient extraction.

In fact, I think I've been inspired to go grab a different sort of brew (not tea) for myself

Cheers!
squirrel789 is offline   Reply With Quote