View Single Post
Old March 10, 2018   #1
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

Default Sweet golden greek peperoncini

Sine seeing so many references to this here, I did a Google search over about four pages of seed vendors. Some stressed that their offerings had absolutely no heat, while others discussed slight heat, and some even alleged one out of ten were hot. I think that I have experienced the whole range in pickled peppers. Some even just stated Greek Pepperoncini but he shape was all wrong, either the shape of something like our southern hots used for other purposes...very long and pencil thin, while others offered something short and blocky.

After a couple hours confused and frustrated I gave up because I wasn't going to spend the purchase and shipping when this was just something I was interested in, but didn't HAVE to have and just really just wanted a very few seeds of a mild, sweet, Greek pepperoncini because my research did indicate they were supposed to be milder and sweeter than the Italian. Who knows, maybe they ARE exactly the same. Some sites even recommended a totally different pepper...probably because that was what they stocked!
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote