View Single Post
Old June 1, 2016   #66
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Guys I am wore out building the kitchen all day and night.
After looking I found out that darn thing is 60 inches long.
I simply cannot do that.
When it come to kitchens and stoves I am like a kid in a candy store.
I have and love motorcycles but I can go into a shop walk right past all of the bikes get a part and walk right back out.
Take me to a place that has kitchen displays and I can stay there all day.
As for the griddle.

I have a tig welder and I am a fabricator at heart.
I could get the 36 inch stove, take off a set of grates and just put the darn griddle in that area.
They even sell the things.

Now here is a question I have to ask some of you guys so please answer it for me if you wish to or can.
Well a couple of questions.

First.
I ended up on a forum last night and some people were complaining about their fancy gas ovens not being worth a hoot and they cooked unevenly.
My mother had a regular style gas range like most folks have and she didn't have that problem at all.

Second.
If any of you have worked around a restaurant type range or oven can you tell me how hot it gets on the outside.

I also looked at some vent hoods last night and found one I like it has the capacity to suck up to 1200 cfm on high.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZLINE-36-...7-36/206922056

I dont have a vent hood at all right now of any kind I have no idea why this house is this way.
Cheap &^%$% builder I suppose.
My house is about 1200 square feet.
With 1200 CFM vent fan I can exchange the air in the entire house in about 10 minutes.
But it will go down to 280 CFM on the lowest setting.
By closing off the kitchen I can keep it ventilated without sucking all of the cool or warm air out of the rest of the house by opening up the kitchen window.
This will in effect allow me to exchange the air in the kitchen in about one minute or less.
The kitchen has its own HVAC register/vent.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote